Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Review - Dangerous Voices by Rae Carson



Book Summary

Errik has been a prisoner–and alone–for a long, long time. He lives for the moment each day when the window of his dungeon cell shines a bit of light onto his bearded face. But everything changes when he gets a new neighbor–a young girl with a voice as beautiful as the springrise.

They both know the rules: No singing. No speaking. Voices are dangerous. But they can’t help themselves. And soon enough, Errik begins to remember himself, why he’s here in this dark place, and why his captors will stop at nothing to ensure his silence.

My Review- 4

I have started to read short stories before reading a full work of an author I don't know, I really enjoyed this one.  What a surprise to realise this is a known author, The Girl of Fire and Thorns.  I would never have considered reading a fantasy novel but the writing style of Dangerous Voices has definitely intrigued me. 

I enjoyed the suspense of what was going on.  Why are they locked up, why can't they talk or sing.  Are the guards coming and what will happen? 

I think a conspiracy is going on and wish this short story gave us more.

A favourite quote

If I stand against the wall on my tip toes, I can bathe my face in that spot for a few moments - or maybe longer; I'm not sure anymore - before it disappears. 

For those that have read The Girl of Fire and Thorns, do you think I would enjoy it? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.