Monday, June 13, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!

Just do the following to participate:
 
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
Share the title &; author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
 
 
 


Teaser is from 2% on Kindle

And the clothes.  The shoes fit.  The jeans felt familiar.  Calling yourself Daniel Hayes is a start.  Try it on, just like the jeans.

Isn't that cover amazingly mysterious.....
 
 
Book Summary
 
A man wakes up naked and cold, half-drowned on an abandoned beach. The only sign of life for miles is an empty BMW. Inside the expensive car he finds clothes that fit perfectly, shoes for his tattered feet, a Rolex, and a bank envelope stuffed with cash and an auto registration in the name of Daniel Hayes, resident of Malibu, California.

None of it is familiar.

What is he doing here? How did he get into the ocean? Is he Daniel Hayes, and if so, why doesn't he remember? While he searches for answers, the world searches for him-beginning with the police that kick in the door of his dingy motel, with guns drawn. Lost, alone, and on the run, the man who might be Daniel Hayes flees into the night.

All he remembers is a woman's face, so he sets off for the only place he might find her. The fantasy of her becomes his home, his world, his hope. And maybe, just maybe, the way back to himself.

But that raises the most chilling question of all: What will he find when he gets there?

24 comments:

  1. Interesting though I'm not loving the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a interesting teaser. I would definitely finish reading!

    mine: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/teaser-tuesday-city-of-bones-take-two/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check into adding this on to my TBR list. Great teaser. My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesdays-in-the-belly-of-jonah-by-sandra-brannan.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds very deep and dark... it seems he does not remember who he is. Nice.


    Here's mine: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/06/14/teaser-tuesday-the-melancholy-death-of-oyster-boy/

    ReplyDelete
  5. An interesting teaser!

    Here’s my teaser from ‘The Reluctant Nude' by Meg Maguire.

    http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

    Have a nice week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an interesting teaser from an interesting book. This looks like something I need to find...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a good one! That would be sad to not know who you were.

    Here's ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/06/tuesday-teaser-finding-chandra-where.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a complex mystery a little like the movie Memento.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this sounds deliciously creepy!

    My teaser this week comes from one of my most anticipated books of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very intriguing teaser.

    Thanks for the visit today.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, so mysterious and captivating...thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TT POST

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to compare notes on this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This teaser makes more sense when paired with the plot summary. Still sounds mysterious, though. Thanks for sharing. If you get a chance, my teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very mysterious teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_14.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've seen this around lately. Hope you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great teaser! Love, love teaser tuesdays!

    BTW, I am moderating my comment section. due to a SICK spammer. Please bear with me.

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: The Nesting Dolls by Gail Bowen post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome teaser! I'm intrigued.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. Ange @ the Moonlight Reader

    ReplyDelete
  18. Interesting teaser! It makes me want to know more about the book.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just got this one last week. It sounds like it's going to be a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.