Monday, December 14, 2009

What are you reading? Do you read more than 1 at a time?


Come on over to J. Kaye's Book Blog and join in http://j-kaye-book-blog.blogspot.com/.
A great way to add more to your TBR list, you know you want to add more. How do so many of you read more than 1 book at a time? I have a toddler and so i'm excited to even read 1 book a week which has been the average this year.
I just started my first Sophie Hannah book The Wrong Mother.
From Publishers Weekly

Starred Review. Sally Thorning, part-time environment rescuer and full-time mother, struggles to maintain her sanity and juggle the overwhelming demands of work and home in this superior psychological mystery from British author Hannah (Little Face). During a week away from her husband and children, Sally has a brief affair. A year later a local headline tragedy—Sally's lover's wife appears to have murdered her six-year-old daughter then committed suicide—reveals that Sally's lover was not who he claimed to be and she needs to find out why. After surviving a shove in front of a bus, Sally re-examines that unwise affair as she plays amateur detective and nearly loses all she values in the process. The story alternates between Sally's confessional and a tight police procedural interspersed with evidence—pages torn from the diary of the alleged daughter-killer. Paced like a ticking time bomb with flawlessly distinct characterization, this is a fiercely fresh and un-put-downable read. 5-city author tour. (Oct.)
I also would like to finish Shattered Silence-- The Untold Story of a Serial Killer's Daughter but it wasn't what I expected so I keep starting a new book instead of finishing.

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVED this book. As for reading more than one at a time, I sometimes do...but more often than not, I read them in sequence. I have more time for reading these days, being semi-retired and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The plot sounds interesting. I normally don't read thrillers. My goal for 2010 is to broaden my reading horizon. I'm gonna have to check that book out.

    It took me 5 months to finish a book. It wasn't holding my attention so I would put it aside and start a new book. I finally had to force myself to set a "deadline". I finally finished the book last week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an interesting read!I like books that are un-put-downable! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book sounds very nice to read. I do love reading more than two books in a week, but somethimes i just don't have the time..cause of college.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love thrillers......this one sounds really good. I seldom read more than one book at a time but occasionally if a non fiction gets a bit slow I will .

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like Marquetta with wow....sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds interesting. What you just described with Shattered Silence is pretty much how I read more than one book at a time.

    I don't usually, and if I do, it's a non-fiction and fiction or an audio and a print. On rare occasion I might start one fiction book, stop it and read another, then return to the first. But that's rare and I won't switch off more than the one time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually have two books going at once sometimes more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wondered the same thing when I started doing these It's Monday posts. But this week I actually had two on my list. The reason...I had picked up one that's very long and complex and just didn't feel like reading it last night. So I started a short Christmas book - and finished it today. Now I'm back to just reading one. :-) I can't keep two books going at the same time for long. I don't have a good enough memory to keep track of two different stories at once!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book looks interesting!! I usually read more than one book at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds really good - I'll have to check it out.

    As for reading more than one book at a time - I don't have toddlers anymore :) Actually my 4-year-old is a handful at times, but both of my boys and my husband are trained. A reading mommy is a happy mommy so they keep the disturbances to a minimum.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You have convinced me that I need to read The Wrong Mother.
    Do I read two books at once? Not usually except if one book is audiobook because I "read" those books while driving and doing housework.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a great book and after reading your review it makes me want to read it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks like an interesting read. Do I read more than one book at a time? I find I do it when a book isn't holding my attention but I don't want to put it down just yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.