Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Kindle International Review - My immediate response


I got the Kindle for Christmas and this beautiful bronze Cole Haan cover.

I have only read 1 book so far but this is my immediate thoughts on it.

What I love about the Kindle

- It is fast and easy to start reading

- Reads like a book (I was impressed)

- Books in under 60 seconds

- No need to search for Wi Fi, it uses Wireless coverage

- Some ebooks are FREE, I got James Patterson's The Angel Experiment (Maximum Ride, Book 1)

- Great battery life, I read My Widow's Season in 4 days and didn't need to recharge

- Being able to download samples (first chapter before buying)

- I personally think $9.99 is a great price for books

- The built in Dictionary, WOW, I never would stop reading to look up a word but with it right there it was to easy for me not to use.

- The ability to highlight and keep notes, fantastic for bloggers and those that write reviews

What I would like to see in future - My personal preference - Also my didn't really like about the Kindle

- The cover of the book when it goes to sleep (I really missed looking at the cover of the book)

- The page of the printed book (You can tell where you are by a % but just didn't feel the same, this will take a little getting used to. I had to go to Table of Contents and see how many chapters the book had and feel it out from that)

What I look forward to

- Using the Text to Speech feature (Only some books have the audio part so I was unable to test this part out but I think it is a great feature for the kindle)

- Cover of books in colour

- A way to read the Kindle in the dark :-)

Now, I will NEVER give up the joy of holding and reading a real book but this will allow me to venture out of my norm and try different genre's. Also, I am a mood reader so the idea of saying I want to read "this" and being able to download and start reading it is a magical thought.

Thanks for reading Friends.

This link is what really Sold me since I hadn't actually seen one to touch, feel, experience it before. A Guided Tour http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1262187769&sr=1-1

8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the Kindle! I received a COOL-ER e-reader for Christmas and I am enjoying it. As soon as I read a book on it, I'll be sure to post my review of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my Kindle. Best present ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been debating getting one of these...thank you for your honest opinions.

    ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything you said about the Kindle. I got one for Christmas also and the convenience of downloading a book in less than a minute is awesome! I haven't received my Kindle cover yet (it should arrive today) so I've been wrapping it in a towel to keep it protected! I don't want her to get any scratches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Christmas gift! I love the cover you got too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great gift! I got mine for Valentine's Day last year and I love it for many of the same reasons you do. I actually wish I could just read on it exlcusively but I agree with you -- I do like seeing a book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my Kindle since February - I'm still in love (with it and my hubby *grin*. Love the idea of having the cover of the book I'm reading be the "sleep" picture. You can get the clip on light to read in the dark. I don't have it. I DO have the iTouch app and that IS backlit so I can read the book I'm reading on my Kindle but on the iTouch. Love that.
    Just in case you don't know about these two Kindle resources:

    http://booksontheknob.blogspot.com/
    http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/

    I listen to the kindle chronicles podcast each week - great information!

    I'm reading Outlander on my Kindle right now. I love reading a huge book like that on the device.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the info! very helpful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting Tea Time with Marce, I appreciate your comments. I have decided to make this an Award Free Zone, thank you for thinking of me but I prefer comments and do my best to be a good networking blogging friend also.

If you are a new follower, please tell me so I can come visit also.